Forecast Your Projects with Odoo
The project management application is a unique feature application inside the app set of Odoo helping you to manage and follow your projects, tasks and issues in an agile, social and flexible way and most importantly in real time!
The forecast option will initiate you to utilise your human resource in a more effective and efficient way. Now we can have a look at it.
> Go to Project > Configuration > Settings.
- Select the Forecast option and click Apply.
- Create a project
Now create a new project and we need to tick the option Allow forecasts in the project settings otherwise it will not be able to forecast our tasks for this project.
- If we want to forecast our task first we need to set the Start date and End date for our project
- For that go to the project and click on Forecasts button. You can see the above-shown wizard to fill in the data.
- Now we can forecast our task, for that creates a task under the projects.
- And click on the Create Forecast button in the task form and when we click on that a new wizard will come to manage our task forecasting.
- The User
- The Project
- The Task
- Start Date
- End date
- Planned Hours
- Effective Hours: This is related to timesheet and whenever an employee adds working hour or timesheet for this task, it will display in effective hours.
- % Time: Percentage of working time
We can forecast our task in different ways by taking the project and clicking on the Forecast button you can view your task forecasting and add forecasting or assign a task to different employees from the view itself.
- We can see the project forecasts in different views.
- Go to Project > Forecast
- This helps you to see the Gantt chart and Grid view from different points of view
- By User
This option displays the Grid view with the people assigned. Odoo’s Grid view shows you who’s involved. The users and their work planned hours which can be seen in different ways Week, Month and Yearly basis. We cannot see the task or project in which they are working directly from the Grid view but we can see the details by clicking on the cells.
- By project
This option displays the Grid view by showing the projects. Odoo’s Grid view shows the projects. The project and their planned hours which can be seen in different ways Week, Month and Yearly basis. We cannot see the responsible person of the project directly from the Grid view but we can see the details by clicking on the cells.
- Gantt Chart
- By User
This will display the Gantt chart with the people assigned. On the first level, you can see which users are involved. Then, on the second level, you see which projects they are assigned to. On the third, you see which tasks.each task is represented by a rectangle and it shows the % Time of the task.we can view it in different ways by month, week, year, day wise.
- This option displays the Gantt chart by showing the projects. Odoo’s Gantt chart shows the projects. The project and their % Time which can be seen in different ways Week, Month, Yearly and Day basis.