Odoo is a system that helps a company to organize and control its resources. Moreover, it is an inevitable tool to trigger all the daily processes and enhance all your business in large and has apps for all your business. Alongside odoo is considered as one of the best user-friendly and highly customizable ERP software for any kind of business beyond its scale.
Odoo contains well-integrated modules and has a modular structure. It is available in 2 versions.
i) Odoo Enterprise(licensed)
ii) Odoo Community(open source)
The community edition of odoo is available free of cost( no license fees), however with limited functions. Whereas, odoo Enterprise is an odoo Community along with withAdditional functional Apps, which is paid. Enterprise comes with more advanced feature listings benefitting business companies in large.
Thus Odoo can be entitled as a complete package of ERP solution, it is constantly switching to a newer version every year with more updated features which can make the business planning stronger. With an extensive list of new features the latest version of Odoo ie. Odoo 13 was released on 4th October 2019 which is ready to crack the large scale market. Odoo 13 is 5x faster than Odoo 12.
Let us examine some of the remarkable features of Odoo 13
* MRP Subcontracting
* Odoo version13 introduced new modules like Skill management module, HR Payroll module, etc.
* Now odoo 13 uses JQuery 3
* Product videos made available indirectly on e-commerce
* New search panel introduced to kanban view
* Introduced new Apps for Field Service Management, Approval App, Employee presence App
* Improved invoicing policy
* Can see new improvements in Calendar, Survey, Rental, etc.
* Timer displayed on work orders
* Delivery method is renamed as a Shipping method
* New feature Buy New Button is introduced to odoo 13
* Partner Map view
ODOO 13 ENTERPRISE VS COMMUNITY
While Odoo version 13 brings many advanced features in addition to Odoo version 12 some of the modules from Odoo v12 Enterprise is moved to Community edition and vice versa.
This blog explicates some of the notable comparison features of Odoo Enterprise vs Odoo Community.
Odoo 13 community version has the changes inside the settings itself when compared to odoo version 12. We can access all the settings of every module within the dashboard. Odoo 13 Community edition now comes with an option of my profile which helps us to redirect to the corresponding employees form view.
* Date filter is improved(Creation date, Expected closing, Closed date)
* Generate leads
POINT OF SALE
* Odoo v13 community brings the new option like login with employees that in the previous version only the users can log in but in this version, the employee can log in with the system.
* Restrict available product categories in the pos. If we enable this option we can select which all categories have to be displayed inside this module, so that we can filter instead of that.
* Improvement in the payment screen.
* Sales Coupons and Promotion Module is now part of the odoo Community version in odoo 13. This helps make your store easier in case of promoting and providing discounts.
* Here we have the option for choosing the design of the report that is given to the customer.
WEBSITE AND E-COMMERCE
* Website form builder moved from enterprise to community which provides the option to create different website forms which can be used to gather customer information and contact forms
* Providing the product videos on the website helps for a higher conversion rate on your website.
* The new option buy now button leads you directly from the product page to the checkout page with product in the cart.
* Time sheet is added to the portal.
* With the new option of Product Grid Configurator in the odoo v13 community, we can easily choose product variant in a grid configuration.
* Availability of choosing dynamic tree view, this option helps us to select which all fields have to be visible in the tree view.
* In this module improvement had been made inside the bill of material. A new option for subcontracting is added to the BoM
* Inventory forecasting, the line chart shows the quantity vs time for different products. By analyzing the chart we can see the quantity for various products at any given date and can get an idea for incoming and outgoing stock.
* Account.invoice is removed from Odoo v13 Now the invoice model is account. move model.
* Employee presence
* Skill management module
* Payroll is completely removed
For technical details, you can refer to Odoo 13 Technical Features
The enterprise edition of odoo is a paid version of ERP that provides you with domain features and services. Odoo v13 enterprise edition provides many extra features and benefits and it's time to know more about these features by going through this blog. In the new version of odoo v13, the enterprise had also undergone some development and changes.
However, this blog discusses the:
1. New module from the community to Enterprise
2. New apps introduced to Odoo v13 enterprise edition
New module from the community to Enterprise
As odoo updated its version from 12 to 13 the HR Payroll is moved from Community to enterprise.
* HR Payroll
New apps introduced to Odoo v13 enterprise edition
Here is the list of new apps introduced in odoo v13;
* Mass SMS
* Field Service Management
* Skill Management
* Employee Referral
* Marketing Automation
* Social Marketing
Some of the changes in odoo v13 community can also be referred in v 13 Odoo enterprise
You can also refer to Odoo v13 Book for further information.