Every Business streams will have documents that rest somewhat outside the ERP system. In Odoo, users can store and manage such documents with the help of Google Drive. Google Drive is one of the best available cloud storage facility which offers an efficient document management system. Integrating Odoo with Google Drive allows the ERP users to manage the files and documents related to business in a structured way. Which means the user can add lots of extra industry-specific data without incorporating extra models and fields in Odoo. This way Odoo maintains custom process information and ancillary data inside Google Drive documents.
Steps to Integrate Odoo with Google Drive:
1. Go to Settings -> General Settings
In general Settings, under Google Integration, choose Google Drive and Tick “Attach Google documents to any record”.
2. Click on the link below “Generate Google Authorization Code” to get the authorization code.
And paste the code into the empty box below it.
3. Click on the link “Configure your templates” to set new template
4. Create a New Template:
a. Template Name: Give any specific name for the template
b. Model: Model to which the template is affected
c. Filters: Custom filters for the template
d. Template URL: Url of a document in the drive to which the details need to append/Linked.
e. Google Drive Name Pattern: It is the document name pattern.
Note: Please make sure that template URL is correctly mapped.
Here, We are creating the template for the model ‘Project’
5. In this step, we will implement integration with the Google Drive.
- Before that, go to Apps --> Install the applications “Attachments List and Document Indexation”.
- Now Go to Project -> Configuration -> Projects: Choose any project from the list of the project.
Select the action at the top of the form view where you can see the name of the created template along with a Google Drive symbol. Click on the button.
- This will redirect us to the new document created on the Google Drive related to the project name. It will be a blank document where you can manually fill the project details.
- This document is will be attached to the Attachments within the respective model.
Application Point of View
One of the benefits of Google drive integration is that it avoids the need of several data fields to various records within the Odoo.
Take an insurance company for example that has literally hundreds of forms that must be completed. The same could be said for many industries. Google Drive integration will allow you to organize information associated with ERP records without extensive customization.
You will be able to ask... "Do I really need to add 15 fields to Odoo's MRP module, or is it better to create a document template that provides the company-specific requirements for production order?” Obviously, we will come to the easiest conclusion of making literal data for the ERP system. Odoo Google Drive Integration is the powerful solution for this.