Soon the Odoo 13 will be released at the Odoo experience 2019. The upcoming version is under development and is expected to bring in numerous features that can extend the functionality of any business industry. Odoo has already carved its niche as one of the finest business application tools for maximizing business productivity and operational excellence. The roadmap for Odoo 13 was early discussed in the blog Odoo v13 Roadmap.
However, in this blog, I will be discussing on the expected features of the Odoo 13.
In the Odoo 13, some of the modules from Odoo 12 Enterprise is moved to Community Edition. The modules such as Sale Coupon and Promotion Program, Website Form Builder, are moved from Enterprise to Community Edition and HR payroll is moved from Community Edition to Enterprise.
New modules from Enterprise to Community:
1. Website Form Builder
2. Sales Coupon
Community to Enterprise
> HR payroll
Odoo 13 Features:
1. Website form builder is moved to Community.
2. Sales Coupon and Promotion module is moved to the Community.
3. List View Improvements like mass editing in the list view, group by enhancement like new button in the group.
4. New module named HR Skills is added for managing employee skills.
5. Leave is renamed to Time Off.
6. New Search Panel is introduced in the Kanban View
7. Login to POS UI as Employee, instead of User
8. HR Payroll is moved to Enterprise Edition, see more here at this link:
9. More flexibility with your components' consumption. Define on your BoM, if you can consume more or fewer components than planned (works for Manufacturing Orders and Work Orders).
10. Chartjs will be available in Odoo V13. This will open up a wide range of options for building statistics and more advanced portals out of the box.
11. Subcontracting in MRP.
12. Delivery Method' is renamed by 'Shipping Method'.
13. Odoo 13 will be running on jQuery 3.
14. Display Product Videos in eCommerce, see the PR: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/32298
15. After sales services. Manage refunds, returns, coupons, and repairs directly from your helpdesk tickets. Integrate your support teams with sales, accounting, project, and warehouse departments.
16. Manage online certifications with Odoo Survey. Test deadline, multiple attempts, on-screen timer, passing score, send and print certificates.
17. New answer type 'date time' in Odoo Survey.
18. Payroll Planning
19. HTML editor support now as Checklists.
20. Invoicing a sales order is now easier: better wording, option to deduct down payments only appears if needed.
21. Set up an Out Of Office message on your leaves.
22. Automatically detect employees presence based on activity.
23. Print return shipping labels with FedEx.
24. New signature widget (binary field). Add signatures anywhere with Odoo Studio. Request signed confirmations in any process: on purchase orders, delivery receipts, etc.
25. New App Field Service Management.
26. Display a timer on your work orders.
27. Generate and print return labels for all carriers. As well as additional improvements regarding delivery orders on the portal.